Gwyn works with in house legal departments and barristers’ chambers – and with a wide variety of people within these organisations.
He has developed and helped deliver a range of leadership and management programmes to in house lawyers and has also provided a range of consultancy services. He is particularly interested in performance measurement, the management of outside lawyers and the challenge of developing staff working within the in house function. He has also been closely involved in establishing the structured Sherwood programme for coaching applicants for silk and judicial appointments.
Career and education background
- Sherwood member since 2003
- Visiting Professor at Nottingham Law School (2003 – 2006)
- Tutor on MBA in Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School
- Senior in house lawyer for American Express with responsibility for Europe, Middle East and Africa (1990 – 2002)
- Two spells as commercial solicitor at Norton Rose
- MA in Law from St Catherine’s College, Oxford
Outside his Sherwood interests, Gwyn is the Chair of trustees of two pension funds, a member of the Brighton bench and he also runs a vineyard in West Sussex