Simon works with law firms, in-house legal departments, barristers’ chambers and other professional service organisations – and with a wide variety of people within these organisations.
He has helped clients by reviewing their management structure, assisting with strategic and business planning, designing and running retreats and away-days, creating and delivering bespoke training and development programmes and providing business coaching for individuals. Simon has led research, consultancy and training projects for the Law Society and the Bar Council.
Career and education background
- Sherwood member since 1999
- Business coaching programme, The School of Coaching, The Work Foundation – (2002/3)
- Principal tutor MBA in Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School (1995 – 2005)
- Ran own legal management and marketing consultancy (1992 – 2000)
- Director of Marketing, Masons (1990 – 1992)
- Management consultant, Spicers Consulting Group (1989 – 1990)
- MBA, Cranfield School of Management (1988 – 1989)
- In-house solicitor, American Express, London (1986 – 1988)
- In-house solicitor and assistant to commercial director, Houlder Offshore Limited (1982 – 1986)
- Solicitor, Lawrence Graham (1978 – 1982)
- MA Law from Downing College, Cambridge (1974 – 1977)
Simon plays golf and tennis, listens to and goes to see rock music and is a season-ticket holder, shareholder, sponsor and occasional coach at Oxford United football club.