Tony has more than 20 years experience in professional services, as a fee earner, business support professional, consultant and coach. His clients include audit firms, international law firms, management consulting practices, patent attorneys and the internal consulting group of one of the world’s largest oil companies. He has worked with firms across Europe, North and South America and South East Asia.
A large part of his work for Sherwood is with law firm partners, senior associates and senior business support professionals in the area of personal development (awareness raising & skills training in leadership and business development). He regularly designs and facilitates retreats and workshops for partnerships, practice groups or management teams on identifying strategic objectives and on tackling implementation issues, such as introducing new processes and systems (eg CRM programmes).
Career and education background
- Management consultant with Sherwood since 1999, qualifying as a Business Coach and to deliver MBTI psychometric tests
- Seven years at CMS Cameron McKenna (previously Cameron Markby Hewitt) as Business Development Director – which was the first City firm to win a National Training Award and be accredited as an Investor in People
- Two years as Head of Marketing for the Coopers & Lybrand management consulting division
- Seven years at Coopers & Lybrand as a senior management consultant leading strategic change projects to clients such as BBC, BP, BT, London Stock Exchange, Prudential, Rank, Sealink, Shell, United Nations.
- Three years at Procter & Gamble in brand management
- M Phil, Reading University
- MA, St Catherine’s College Oxford, including a thesis on the motivation of research workers, Templeton College, Oxford
Chairing/Speaking Engagements and Articles Published
- Galvanising Partners to Generate More Income – Professional Marketing
- Building Successful New Practice Groups – Managing Partner
- Making Pitches Less Speculative – Professional Marketing
- Ten Ways to Make Training More Effective – Managing Partner
- Mergers, Alliances and Networks – Chair of ARK Conference
- How Effective are Your Partners as Leaders? – Managing Partner
- How to Sell Professional Services – Professional Marketing
- Dealing with Resistance to Change - Managing Partner
- But Who Should do the Coaching? – Professional Marketing
- Ten Tips on Transforming Your Marketing – The Times Conference
- Turbocharging the Marketing Performance of Partners – The Times Conference
- How to Introduce a Marketing Culture – The Times Conference
- Managing Change in Partnerships – Professional Practice Management magazine (IBC)